If you’re planning on welcoming the new guy or just in need of some fuel for doing inventory, try Artie’s famous cookies! Pete thinks they’re the best in the world.
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup vegetable shortening
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 3/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 large egg
- 6 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 2 tablespoons milk (whole or low fat, but not nonfat)
- 3 cups quick-cooking oats (or old-fashion rolled oats pulsed in a food processor, to make smaller, thinner flakes)
- 1 1/2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- Preheat the oven to 375degrees fahrenheit. Lightly grease two baking sheets.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter, shortening, sugars, extracts, spices, salt, and baking soda, beating until fairly smooth.
- Beat in the egg, scraping the bowl, then beat in the corn syrup and milk.
- Stir in the oats, flour, and butterscotch chips.
- Drop dough by the tablespoon onto the prepared baking sheets.
- Bake the cookies for 11 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and transfer to a rack to cool.
Enjoy! And don’t tell Artie that we’re giving away his secret recipe!